Last updated: July 20, 2022.
The information you share with SCUTI allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the very best shopping experience, and of course participate in our rewards program. For example, when you shop through our SCUTI store we use what we know about your shopping habits to show you the best products that may interest you. We collect information to deliver the products and services you request, to help improve your shopping experience, and to support our business functions. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our website and mobile services.
By visiting SCUTI, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
SCUTI PRIVACY NOTICE
What Personal Information About Customers Does SCUTI Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your SCUTI experience. Here are the types of information we gather. Personal information is information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. For example, when you place an order with SCUTI, to fulfill your order we collect personal information, such as name, address, email, phone number, and credit or debit card information and stay in touch with you to on the status of the shipment. Some laws define “personal information” differently, and we use those definitions when they are applicable. Rest assured, though, that no matter where you live, we treat your personal information with respect, and we collect, use, and share it only as described in this Policy.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site, SCUTI store, or give us in any other way. SCUTI collects identifiable data you opt-in to provide us with, as well as anonymous data such as location and the device you are accessing the platform from. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features, including our rewards program and the specific products and deals based on your preferences. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving the deals and offers our vendors will offer, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: Unlike many Web sites and Apps, we do not use “cookies”. SCUTI does not track your cross-site web activity or use any third-party tracking software.
- Mobile: When you download the SCUTI app, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, but we do not access the unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. Most SCUTI vendors are national distributors, so location-based services are necessary, in the event you seek to purchase goods from a local vendor.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from SCUTI if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our services and rewards program to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
- To fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
- To create and maintain your account
- To enable and maintain our SCUTI rewards program
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To conduct marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research and development
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
What About Cookies?
Does SCUTI Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. SCUTI shares aggregated data of all the activity on our mobile and online store with game publishers and vendors so they can offer our shoppers the best deals and rewards. The only personally identifiable information we share is with our payments providers and with vendors so they can ship your products, as stated below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace vendors, these businesses sell offerings to you at SCUTI. SCUTI only shares aggregated store data with these third parties and never personally identifiable information, other than the specifics needed to fulfill your orders, such as items purchased and delivery address.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: We send offers to selected groups of SCUTI customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of Scuti and Others: We release account and other personal information only when we believe its release is appropriate and necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SCUTI, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with applicable companies and organizations for fraud protection, credit risk reduction and enforcement. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information from our customers for commercial purposes in any way that would cause us to be in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which provides 256-bit encryption for the personally identifiable information you input into our systems.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
SCUTI gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with SCUTI for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such SCUTI features as Your Profile and SCUTI Rewards.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Account section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Are Children Allowed to Use SCUTI?
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
SCUTI LLC. participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit SCUTI, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the State of Florida. If you have any concern about privacy at SCUTI, please contact us with a thorough description at support@Scuti, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to try and resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change accordingly on a periodic basis. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected:
Information You Give Us
You provide most information when you search, buy, post a review, log in, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through SCUTI; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; view videos which provide SCUTI Rewards; compile Wish Lists of brands; gift SCUTI Rewards; participate in community features; and/or provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped (including addresses and phone numbers); content of reviews and e-mails to us; and personal profile information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; products you viewed or searched for. During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our vendors, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at SCUTI include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and SCUTICrypto balances); e-mail notification settings (including Delivery status and newsletters); Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Staff Recommendations); SCUTI rewards gifting; Vendor Accounts; and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, personal profile, and Wish List).
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our customers’ personal information. We work with professionals and third parties who are responsible for helping to protect the security of your information. Whether you are shopping on our website or through our mobile services, we use reasonable security measures and technical safeguards.